Monday, September 27, 2010

Three Mothers.

Three Masons

Once a man came upon three rock masons at work. "What are you doing?" he asked of them.


"I am carving these stones into the different sizes wanted," answered the first.
"I am earning six dollars a day," replied the second.
"I am helping to build a great cathedral," commented the last.

Only he had caught the vision of the great work that he was helping to do!


Three Mothers

Once a woman came upon three mothers at work. "What are you doing?" she asked of them.

"I am doing the weekly washing," answered the first.
"I am doing a bit of household drudgery," replied the second.
"I am mothering three young children who some day will fill important and useful spheres in life, and wash-day is a part of my grand task in caring for these souls who shall live forever," replied the third.

Only she had caught the vision of the great work she was doing!



(Taken from the book The Power of Motherhood by Nancy Campbell.

2 comments:

  1. oh gosh, I love this Elizabeth! Sometimes we mothers need a reminder such as this, don't we?!
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too!! Sounds like an interesting read... must look it up x

    ReplyDelete